footwork(redirected from Foot work)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Sports The manner in which the feet are used or maneuvered, as in boxing or in figure skating.
2. Work that involves moving around on foot; legwork.
3. Informal Skillful dealing or maneuvering; tactics: "They've built a corporate empire on dazzling financial footwork" (Christopher Farrell).
1. skilful use of the feet, as in sports, dancing, etc
2. informal clever manoeuvring: deft political footwork.
3. informal preliminary groundwork: many estate agents now do the footwork – you only need to visit.
1. the use of the feet, as in tennis, boxing, or dancing.
2. legwork (def. 1).
3. adroit maneuvering.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||footwork - the manner of using the feet|
|2.||footwork - skillful maneuvering or dealing; "she needs some fancy footwork to cover all those lies"|