Friulian(redirected from Friulian language)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A Romance language of northeast Italy.
2. A native of Friuli or a native speaker of Friulian.
1. Of or relating to Friuli or its people or culture.
2. Of or relating to the Friulian language.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
2. (Peoples) an inhabitant of Friuli or a speaker of Friulian
3. (Languages) an inhabitant of Friuli or a speaker of Friulian
4. (Placename) of or relating to Friuli, its inhabitants, or their language
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Friuli, its inhabitants, or their language
6. (Languages) of or relating to Friuli, its inhabitants, or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Fri•u•li•an(friˈu li ən)
also Fri•u•lan(-ˈu lən)
a Romance language spoken throughout most of Friuli-Venezia Giulia in NE Italy.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Friulian - a Rhaeto-Romance dialect spoken in northeastern Italy|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.