G-string(redirected from G-strings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A narrow loincloth supported by a waistband; a breechcloth.
2. A similar garment, usually decorated, that is worn especially by stripteasers.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a piece of cloth attached to a narrow waistband covering the pubic area, worn esp by strippers
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a strip of cloth attached to the front and back of a waistband and covering the loins
3. (Classical Music) music a string tuned to G, such as the lowest string of a violin
a narrow strip of fabric covering the genitals and secured at the waist by a cord, worn esp. by stripteasers, dancers, etc.
[1875–80, Amer.; orig. uncertain]