guardsman(redirected from Gdsm)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms.
Related to Gdsm: GSD&M
1. A person who acts as a guard.
2. A member of the National Guard.
3. Chiefly British A soldier in a regiment of household guards.
n, pl -men
1. (Military) (in Britain) a member of a Guards battalion or regiment
2. (Military) (in the US) a member of the National Guard
3. a guard
n., pl. -men.
1. a person who acts as a guard.
2. a member of the U.S. National Guard.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||guardsman - a soldier who is a member of a unit called `the guard' or `guards'|
home reserve, National Guard - United States military reserves recruited by the states and equipped by the federal government; subject to call by either
soldier - an enlisted man or woman who serves in an army; "the soldiers stood at attention"