grits(redirected from GRITS (hip hop group))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
1. Ground hominy that is boiled with water or milk and served as a breakfast food or side dish. Also called hominy grits.
2. Coarsely ground grain, especially corn.
[Alteration of Middle English grutta, coarse meal, from Old English grytta, pl. of grytt.]
1. (Cookery) hulled and coarsely ground grain
2. (Cookery) US See hominy grits
[Old English grytt; related to Old High German gruzzi; see great, grit]
n. (used with a sing. or pl. v.)
1. coarsely ground hominy, usu. boiled and served as a breakfast cereal or a side dish.
2. grain hulled and coarsely ground.
[before 900; Middle English gryttes (pl.), Old English gryt(t)]