Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A native or inhabitant of Polish Galicia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Spanish Galicia.
2. The Romance language spoken in Spanish Galicia.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Galicia in E central Europe
2. (Placename) of or relating to Galicia in NW Spain
3. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of either Galicia
4. (Languages) the Romance language or dialect of Spanish Galicia, sometimes regarded as a dialect of Spanish, although historically it is more closely related to Portuguese
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Ga•li•ci•an(gəˈlɪʃ ən, -ˈlɪʃ i ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Galicia in Spain or E Europe.adj.
2. of or pertaining to Galicia or its inhabitants.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Galician - a language spoken in Galicia in northwestern Spain; it is between Portuguese and Spanish but closer to Portuguese; sometimes considered a Portuguese or Spanish dialect|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(in Eastern Europe) → galizisch
(in Spain) → galicisch
(in Eastern Europe) → Galizier(in) m(f)
(in Spain) → Galicier(in) m(f)
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007