Gascon(redirected from Gascons)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Gascony.
2. The Romance language of Gascony, sometimes considered a dialect of Occitan.
Of or relating to Gascony, the Gascons, or their language or culture.
[French, from Latin Vasconēs, the Basques.]
A boastful person; a braggart.
[From Gascon (from the traditional stereotype of Gascons as braggarts).]
rare a boaster; braggart
[C14: from Old French gascoun; compare Latin Vasconēs Basque]
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Gascony
2. (Languages) the dialect of French spoken in Gascony
of or relating to Gascony, its inhabitants, or their dialect of French
1. a native or inhabitant of Gascony.
2. the Romance speech of Gascony.
3. (l.c.) boaster; braggart.adj.
4. of or pertaining to Gascony, its inhabitants, or their speech.
[1325–75; < Old French, ultimately < Latin Vascōnēs]