gastroenterology

(redirected from Gastrointestinal complaints)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Gastrointestinal complaints: gastrology, gastrologist

gas·tro·en·ter·ol·o·gy

 (găs′trō-ĕn′tə-rŏl′ə-jē)
n.
The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the digestive system.

gas′tro·en′ter·o·log′ic (-ə-lŏj′ĭk), gas′tro·en′ter·o·log′i·cal adj.
gas′tro·en′ter·ol′o·gist n.

gastroenterology

(ˌɡæstrəʊˌɛntəˈrɒlədʒɪ)
n
(Medicine) the branch of medical science concerned with diseases of the stomach and intestines
ˌgastroˌenteˈrologist n

gas•tro•en•ter•ol•o•gy

(ˌgæs troʊˌɛn təˈrɒl ə dʒi)

n.
the study of the structure, functions, and diseases of digestive organs.
[1900–05]
gas`tro•en`ter•o•log′ic (-tər əˈlɒdʒ ɪk) gas`tro•en`ter•o•log′i•cal, adj.
gas`tro•en`te•rol′o•gist, n.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.gastroenterology - the branch of medicine that studies the gastrointestinal tract and its diseases
medical specialty, medicine - the branches of medical science that deal with nonsurgical techniques
Translations

gastroenterology

gas·tro·en·ter·ol·o·gy

n. gastroenterología, ciencia que estudia el tracto gastrointestinal.

gastroenterology

n gastroenterología, rama de la medicina que se ocupa del aparato digestivo y sus enfermedades
References in periodicals archive ?
infantis in NASH is unexpected because both species are among the most commonly used probiotics for gastrointestinal complaints or diseases (14).
Occasional cases of eye, neurological and heart complications have been reported, as well as gastrointestinal complaints.
Prevalence of gastrointestinal complaints during national triathlon competition
org/) study in the Asian Spine Journal found that about 31 percent of women and 25 percent of men who suffered from back pain also had gastrointestinal complaints, such as abdominal pain or food intolerance.
Occasional cases of eye, neurological and heart complications had also been reported, as well as gastrointestinal complaints.
In HS patients presenting with gastrointestinal complaints, timely referral for gastroenterological evaluation of IBD [inflammatory bowel disease] may be appropriate," Alexander Egeberg, MD, of the University of Copenhagen and his coauthors wrote.
Anorexia, nausea and vomiting, and abdominal pain are the most common gastrointestinal complaints with a high prevalence.
2-4 In fact, frequent and repeated exposure to stress may lead to the manifestation of psychosomatic symptoms such as headache,5,6 gastrointestinal complaints,7,8 palpitation9 and other bodily pains, particularly in children and adolescents.
Scientists at the National Institutes of Health have identified a genetic explanation for a syndrome characterized by multiple frustrating and difficult-to-treat symptoms, including dizziness and lightheadedness, skin flushing and itching, gastrointestinal complaints, chronic pain, and bone and joint problems.
17,10-14] In our study, patients presenting with vomiting were 25% and abdominal pain 27%; in total, 52% patients presented with gastrointestinal complaints.
Gastrointestinal complaints among subjects with depressive symptoms in the general population.
Cautions: Omega -3 supplements have been shown to be very safe, although minor side effects such as gastrointestinal complaints and, rarely, increased risk of bleeding do occur.

Full browser ?