Gemini(redirected from Gemini (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere containing the stars Castor and Pollux. Also called Twins.
a. The third sign of the zodiac in astrology. Also called Twins.
b. pl. Gem·i·nis One who is born under this sign.
[Middle English, from Latin Geminī, pl. of geminus, twin.]
n, Latin genitive Geminorum (ˌdʒɛmɪˈnɔːrəm)
1. (Astronomy) astronomy a zodiacal constellation in the N hemisphere lying between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic and containing the stars Castor and Pollux
2. (Classical Myth & Legend) classical myth another name for Castor and Pollux
3. (Astronautics) astronautics any of a series of manned US spacecraft launched between the Mercury and Apollo projects to improve orbital rendezvous and docking techniques
4. (Astrology) astrology
a. Also called: the Twins the third sign of the zodiac, symbol ♊, having a mutable air classification and ruled by the planet Mercury. The sun is in this sign between about May 21 and June 20
b. a person born when the sun is in this sign
adjAlso (for senses 4b, 5): Geminian
(Astrology) astrology born under or characteristic of Gemini
Gem•i•ni(ˈdʒɛm əˌnaɪ, -ni)
n.pl. gen. Gem•i•no•rum (ˌdʒɛm əˈnɔr əm, -ˈnoʊr-)
1. the Twins, a zodiacal constellation between Taurus and Cancer containing the bright stars Castor and Pollux.
a. the third sign of the zodiac.
b. a person born under this sign, usu. between May 21 and June 20.
[1350–1400; Middle English < Latin geminī, pl. of geminus twin]
A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Cancer and Auriga. It contains the bright stars Pollux and Castor.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Gemini - (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Gemini|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
|2.||Gemini - a zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic|
zodiac - a belt-shaped region in the heavens on either side to the ecliptic; divided into 12 constellations or signs for astrological purposes
Alpha Geminorum, Castor - a multiple star with 6 components; second brightest in Gemini; close to Pollux
Pollux - the brightest star in Gemini; close to Castor
|3.||Gemini - the third sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about May 21 to June 20|
cung Song sinh