Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Ge·ne·van(jə-nē′vən) also Gen·e·vese (jĕn′ə-vēz′, -vēs′)
1. Of or relating to Geneva, Switzerland, or its inhabitants.
2. Of or relating to the teachings of John Calvin in Geneva; Calvinistic.
1. A native or inhabitant of Geneva, Switzerland.
2. A Calvinist.
1. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Geneva
2. (Christian Churches, other) of, adhering to, or relating to the teachings of Calvin or the Calvinists
n, pl -vans or -vese
3. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Geneva
4. (Christian Churches, other) a less common name for Calvinist
1. of or pertaining to Geneva, Switzerland.
3. a native or resident of Geneva, Switzerland.
4. a Calvinist.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Genevan - a native or resident of Geneva|
Geneva, Geneve, Genf - a city in southwestern Switzerland at the western end of Lake Geneva; it is the headquarters of various international organizations
|2.||Genevan - an adherent of the theological doctrines of John Calvin|
Huguenot - a French Calvinist of the 16th or 17th centuries
necessitarian - someone who does not believe the doctrine of free will