Georgian(redirected from Georgians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the reigns of the four Georges who ruled Great Britain from 1714 to 1830.
2. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the reign of George V of Great Britain.
3. Of or relating to the US state of Georgia or its inhabitants.
4. Of or relating to the country of Georgia or its people, language, or culture.
1. A native or inhabitant of the US state of Georgia.
a. A native or inhabitant of the country of Georgia.
b. The Kartvelian language of the Georgians.
3. A person of, or whose style is imitative of, either of the Georgian periods in Great Britain.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Historical Terms) of, characteristic of, or relating to any or all of the four kings who ruled Great Britain and Ireland from 1714 to 1830, or to their reigns
2. (Historical Terms) of or relating to George V of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or his reign (1910–36): the Georgian poets.
3. (Placename) of or relating to the republic of Georgia, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) of or relating to the republic of Georgia, its people, or their language
5. (Languages) of or relating to the republic of Georgia, its people, or their language
6. (Placename) of or relating to the American State of Georgia or its inhabitants
7. (Peoples) of or relating to the American State of Georgia or its inhabitants
8. (Furniture) in or imitative of the style prevalent in England during the 18th century (reigns of George I, II, and III); in architecture, dominated by the ideas of Palladio, and in furniture, represented typically by the designs of Sheraton
9. (Languages) the official language of Georgia, belonging to the South Caucasian family
10. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Georgia
11. (Peoples) an aboriginal inhabitant of the Caucasus
12. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of the American State of Georgia
13. (Historical Terms) a person belonging to or imitating the styles of either of the Georgian periods in England
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or pertaining to the period of British history from the accession of George I in 1714 to the death of George IV.
2. of or pertaining to George V or his reign.
3. of or designating the styles of architecture and furniture current in England esp. from 1714 to 1811.
4. of or pertaining to the state of Georgia.
5. of or pertaining to the Georgian Republic.n.
6. a person, esp. a writer, of either of the Georgian periods in England.
7. a native or inhabitant of the state of Georgia.
a. a native or inhabitant of the Georgian Republic.
b. the Caucasian language of the Georgians.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Georgian - a native or resident of the American state of Georgia|
American - a native or inhabitant of the United States
|2.||Georgian - a native or inhabitant of Georgia in Asia|
Sakartvelo, Georgia - a republic in Asia Minor on the Black Sea separated from Russia by the Caucasus mountains; formerly an Asian soviet but became independent in 1991
Russian - a native or inhabitant of Russia
|3.||Georgian - a southern Caucasian language with 3 million speakers and a long literary tradition|
|Adj.||1.||Georgian - of or relating to the former British colony of Georgia; "the Georgian colony"|
|2.||Georgian - of or relating to or characteristic of the Asian republic of Georgia or its people or language; "the Georgian capital is Tbilisi"; "Georgian farmers"; "Georgian vowels"|
|3.||Georgian - of or relating to or characteristic of the American state of Georgia or its inhabitants; "the Georgian state capital is Atlanta"; "Georgian peach farmers"|
|4.||Georgian - of or relating to the Hanoverian kings of England; "the first Georgian monarch"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
người Georgiathuộc nước/người/tiếng Georgia
Georgian[ˈdʒɔːdʒɪən] ADJ (Brit) → georgiano
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(British) (= 18th century) [house, antiques, style] → géorgien/ienne
(connected with Georgia) → géorgien(ne)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
(Brit) architecture, house, style, period → georgianisch; the Georgian-style library → die Bibliothek im georgianischen Stil
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
1. adj (History, Geog) → georgiano/a
2. n (Geog) → georgiano/a; (language) → georgiano
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Georgian→ جورجيّ Gruzínec, gruzínský georgier, georgisk Georgier, georgisch γεωργιανός georgiano georgialainen Géorgien Gruzijac, gruzijski georgiano グルジアの, グルジア人 그루지야 사람, 그루지야의 Georgiër, Georgisch georgier, georgisk Gruzin, gruziński georgiano грузин, грузинский georgier, georgisk เกี่ยวกับจอร์เจีย, ชาวจอร์เจียน Gürcü người Georgia, thuộc nước/người/tiếng Georgia 乔治亚人, 乔治亚的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009