Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A medieval African kingdom in what is now eastern Senegal, southwest Mali, and southern Mauritania. It was founded probably in the 8th century ad and prospered because of its location astride the trans-Saharan caravan routes. The kingdom declined after the 11th century.
2. A country of western Africa on the Gulf of Guinea. It was inhabited in precolonial times by a number of ancient kingdoms, including an inland Ashanti kingdom and various Fante states along the coast. Trade with European states flourished after contact with the Portuguese in the 1400s, and the British established a crown colony, Gold Coast, in 1874. Ghana became independent in 1957. Accra is the capital and the largest city.
Gha′na·ian (gä′nə-yən, gə-nā′ən), Gha′ni·an (gä′nē-ən) adj. & n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Placename) of or relating to Ghana or its inhabitants
1. (Placename) a native or inhabitant of Ghana
2. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Ghana
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
người Ghanathuộc nước/người/tiếng Ghana
A. ADJ → ghanés
B. N → ghanés/esa m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
1. adj → del Ghana, ganaense
2. n → ganaense m/f
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Ghanaian→ غانيّ Ghaňan, ghanský ghaneser, ghanesisk Ghanaer, ghanaisch γκανέζικος, Γκανέζος ghanés ghanalainen ghanéen Ganac, ganski ghaneano, ghanese ガーナの, ガーナ人 가나 사람, 가나의 Ghanees ghaneser, ghanesisk Ghańczyk, ghański ganense, ganês ганец, ганский ghanan, ghanansk เกี่ยวกับชาวกานา, ชาวกานา Gana, Ganalı người Ghana, thuộc nước/người/tiếng Ghana 加纳人, 加纳的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009