go-go(redirected from Go Go)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to discotheques or to the energetic music and dancing performed at discotheques.
[From à gogo.]
1. Marked by assertive action: a go-go sales executive.
a. Of, relating to, or engaging in a type of speculative, short-term stock-market operation: a go-go fund.
b. Characterized by the fast growth and development that invites speculative investment: go-go industries like nanotechnology.
1. of or relating to discos or the lively music and dancing performed in them
2. dynamic or forceful
[C20: altered from French à-gogo aplenty, ad lib: sense influenced by English verb go]
1. of or pertaining to the music and dancing performed at discotheques or nightclubs.
2. performing at a discotheque or nightclub.
3. Informal. full of vitality or daring: the go-go generation.
A variant of hip hop and R&B music that evolved in the city of Washington DC in the mid 1980s. Characterized by an emphasis on beat rather than lyrics.
n → Go-go-Tänzerin f
n → Go-go nt