kinglet(redirected from Golden-crested Regulus)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of several small grayish birds of the widely distributed genus Regulus, having a yellowish or reddish patch on the crown of the head.
2. A king ruling a kingdom considered small or unimportant.
1. often derogatory the king of a small or insignificant territory
2. (Animals) US and Canadian any of various small warblers of the genus Regulus, having a black-edged yellow crown: family Muscicapidae
1. a king ruling over a small country or territory.
2. any of several very small songbirds of the genus Regulus, of the Northern Hemisphere, having a patch of bright color on the crown of the head.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kinglet - small birds resembling warblers but having some of the habits of titmice|
warbler - a small active songbird
goldcrest, golden-crested kinglet, Regulus regulus - European kinglet with a black-bordered yellow crown patch