grant-in-aid(redirected from Grant aided)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. grants-in-aid (grănts′-)
1. A giving of federal funds to a state or local government to subsidize a public project.
2. A giving of funds to an institution or a person in order to subsidize a project or program.
n, pl grants-in-aid
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a sum of money granted by one government to a lower level of government or to a dependency for a programme, etc
2. (Education) education a grant provided by the central government or local education authority to ensure consistent standards in buildings and other facilities
n., pl. grants-in-aid.
1. a subsidy furnished by a central government to a local one to help finance a public project.
2. a financial subsidy given to an individual or institution for research, educational, or cultural purposes.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||grant-in-aid - a grant from a central government to a local government|
|2.||grant-in-aid - a grant to a person or school for some educational project|
grant - any monetary aid