plotter(redirected from Graph plotter printer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a. A small piece of ground, generally used for a specific purpose: a garden plot.
b. A measured area of land; a lot.
2. A ground plan, as for a building; a diagram.
3. See graph1.
4. The pattern or sequence of interrelated events in a work of fiction, as a novel or film.
5. A secret plan to accomplish a hostile or illegal purpose; a scheme.
v. plot·ted, plot·ting, plots
1. To represent graphically, as on a chart: plot a ship's course.
a. To locate (points or other figures) on a graph by means of coordinates.
b. To draw (a curve) connecting points on a graph.
3. To write or develop the plot of: "I began plotting novels at about the time I learned to read" (James Baldwin).
4. To form a plot for; prearrange secretly or deviously: plot an assassination.
1. To form or take part in a plot; scheme: were plotting for months before the attack.
2. To write or develop the plot for a work of fiction: A good mystery writer must plot well.
[Middle English, from Old English.]
1. (Navigation) an instrument for plotting lines or angles on a chart
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who plots; conspirator
1. a person or thing that plots.
2. an instrument, as a protractor, for plotting lines and measuring angles on a chart.
3. a type of computer printer that draws a graphical representation on paper with one or more attached pens.
A device for drawing a two-dimensional graphic output from a computer on paper.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||plotter - a planner who draws up a personal scheme of action|
angler - a scheming person; someone who schemes to gain an advantage
politician - a schemer who tries to gain advantage in an organization in sly or underhanded ways
|2.||plotter - a clerk who marks data on a chart |
clerk - an employee who performs clerical work (e.g., keeps records or accounts)
|3.||plotter - a member of a conspiracy |
confederacy, conspiracy - a group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose
|4.||plotter - an instrument (usually driven by a computer) for drawing graphs or pictures|
computer, computing device, computing machine, data processor, electronic computer, information processing system - a machine for performing calculations automatically
instrument - a device that requires skill for proper use
(= conspirator) → conspirateur/trice m/f
(COMPUTING) → traceur m
a. (conspirator) → cospiratore/trice
b. (Naut, Comput) → plotter m inv