Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A member of an Eastern Catholic church that uses Greek liturgy.
2. A member of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Eastern Church (Greek & Russian Orthodox)) a member of an Eastern Church in communion with the Greek patriarchal see of Constantinople
2. (Eastern Church (Greek & Russian Orthodox)) a member of one of the Uniat Greek Churches, which acknowledge the Pope's authority while retaining their own institutions, discipline, and liturgy
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a member of the Greek Orthodox Church.
2. a Uniate belonging to a church observing the Greek rite.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Greek Catholic - a member of the Greek Orthodox Church|
Greek Church, Greek Orthodox Church - state church of Greece; an autonomous part of the Eastern Orthodox Church
Catholic - a member of a Catholic church
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.