bramble(redirected from Growing bramblefruit)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A prickly shrub of the genus Rubus of the rose family, including the blackberry and the raspberry.
2. A prickly shrub or bush.
[Middle English brembel, from Old English bræmbel.]
1. (Plants) any of various prickly herbaceous plants or shrubs of the rosaceous genus Rubus, esp the blackberry. See also stone bramble
a. a blackberry
b. (as modifier): bramble jelly.
3. (Plants) any of several similar and related shrubs
to gather blackberries
[Old English brǣmbel; related to Old Saxon brāmal, Old High German brāmo]
1. any prickly shrub belonging to the genus Rubus, of the rose family, as the blackberry.
2. any rough, prickly shrub.
[before 1000; Middle English; Old English bræmbel]
bram′bly, adj. -bli•er, -bli•est.
Past participle: brambled