Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Gujarati or Gu·ja·ra·tis
1. The Indic language of Gujarat.
2. A native or inhabitant of Gujarat.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Peoples) a member of a people of India living chiefly in Gujarat
2. (Languages) the state language of Gujarat, belonging to the Indic branch of the Indo-European family
3. (Placename) of or relating to Gujarat, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) of or relating to Gujarat, its people, or their language
5. (Languages) of or relating to Gujarat, its people, or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Gu•ja•ra•ti(ˌgʊdʒ əˈrɑ ti, ˌgu dʒə-)
n., pl. -tis.
1. a native or inhabitant of Gujarat.
2. an Indo-Aryan language of Gujarat.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Gujarat, its inhabitants, or the language Gujarati.
[1600–10; < Hindi < Skt Gurjara Gujarat]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Gujarati - a member of the people of Gujarat|
Indian - a native or inhabitant of India
|2.||Gujarati - the Indic language spoken by the people of India who live in Gujarat in western India|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → gujarati
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005