Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.


A city of southeast Mississippi on an arm of the Gulf of Mexico west of Biloxi. Settled in 1891 as a railroad terminus, it developed as a port after 1902. In 2005, the city was devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.


(ˈgʌlfˌpɔrt, -ˌpoʊrt)

a city in SE Mississippi, on the Gulf of Mexico. 39,676.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
Release date- 12082019 - Gulfport Energy Corporation (NASDAQ: GPOR) ('Gulfport' or the 'Company') announced today that Quentin R.
Gulfport reaffirms its expectation that its 2019 total capital expenditures will be in the range of $565 million to $600 million, which will be funded entirely within cash flow at current strip pricing.
Along with its coast casinos, Gulfport and Biloxi offers 26 miles of white sand beaches, over 20 golf courses and other outdoor options including sport fishing with over 200 species.
"Gulfport is off to a strong start in 2019, beginning the year active in our core asset areas and remaining on track to deliver on our previously announced 2019 capital budget, operational outlook and commitment to free cash flow generation," said Chief Executive Officer and President David M.
The $93 million Mississippi Aquarium is coming out of the ground on the East Beach service road in Gulfport, on track to open late this year or by early 2020.
Gulfport, MS, August 09, 2018 --( The Gulfport-area Ecumenical Fellowship, a consortium of churches from across geographical, denominational and racial lines, will host Harrison County's first "Blessing of the Badges" and block party for first responders serving in all departments within the county's boundaries.
With a change of command planned for a month later--July 13--IWTG Gulfport opted to forego a ceremony to mark the occasion.
Under the deal, EQM will acquire of EQT Corp.'s (NYSE: EQT) retained midstream assets and Gulfport Energy's (NYSE: GPOR) 25% ownership in the Strike Force Gathering System for USD 1.69bn.
In Mississippi, the final decision about Gulfport's departure from the solid waste agreement with the county is on hold yet again.
After a catastrophic hurricane, Matt Frazier finds himself in a greater disaster than the one that has destroyed Gulfport. Frazier relies on friends and his wife to survive and find answers.
Gulfport will own 25% of the JV and Rice will own the remaining 75%.