Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A city of northwest Hungary near the Slovakian border. On the site of a Roman military outpost evacuated in the fourth century ad, it was later a Magyar stronghold (10th century) and an autonomous municipality within Habsburg Hungary (after 1743).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Placename) an industrial town in NW Hungary: medieval Benedictine abbey. Pop: 128 913 (2003 est)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a city in NW Hungary. 131,000.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.