nickelodeon(redirected from HA AM HA AM Kablam S W)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. An early movie theater charging an admission price of five cents.
2. A player piano.
3. A jukebox.
[nickel + (Mel)odeon, music hall; see melodeon.]
1. (Instruments) an early form of jukebox
2. (Film) (formerly) a cinema charging five cents for admission
3. (Instruments) (formerly) a Pianola, esp one operated by inserting a five-cent piece
[C20: from nickel + (mel)odeon]
nick•el•o•de•on(ˌnɪk əˈloʊ di ən)
1. an early jukebox that was operated by inserting nickels.
2. an early motion-picture theater, orig. with an admission price of one nickel.
a juke-box, record-player, or player piano operated by the insertion of a nickel or other coin. See also films.See also: Music, Phonograph Records
an early name for a cinema, so called because of the five-cent admission charge. See also music.See also: Films