handfasting(redirected from Handfast wedding)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. A Neopagan wedding ceremony in which the participants' hands are ritually joined, in some cases solemnizing a union for a specified term rather than permanently.
2. Archaic A handclasp used as a ceremony of betrothal.
1. an archaic word for betrothal
2. (Historical Terms) (formerly) a kind of trial marriage marked by the formal joining of hands
3. (Alternative Belief Systems) a contemporary pagan (esp Wiccan) marriage ceremony