Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Ha·wai·ianor Ha·wai'·ian (hə-wä′yən)
a. A Native Hawaiian.
b. A native or inhabitant of the Hawaiian Islands or the state of Hawaii.
2. The Polynesian language of Hawaii.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Hawaii, esp one descended from Melanesian or Tahitian immigrants
5. (Languages) a language of Hawaii belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Ha•wai•ian(həˈwaɪ ən, -ˈwɑ yən)
a. a member of the Polynesian people who are the aboriginal inhabitants of the Hawaiian Islands.
b. the Austronesian language of this people.
2. any native or inhabitant of the Hawaiian Islands.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the Hawaiian Islands, their inhabitants, or the language Hawaiian.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Hawaiian - the Oceanic languages spoken on Hawaii|
|2.||Hawaiian - a native or resident of Hawaii|
American - a native or inhabitant of the United States
Native Hawaiian - a member or descendant of the indigenous Polynesian people who lived in the Hawaiian Islands
|Adj.||1.||Hawaiian - of or relating to or characteristic of the state or island of Hawaii or to the people or culture or language|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → hawaiano
B. N → hawaiano/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
adj → hawaii(ani)sch, Hawaii-; Hawaiian island → Hawaii-Insel f; Hawaiian Standard Time (US) → hawaiische Zeit
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
1. adj → hawaiano/a
a. (person) → hawaiano/a
b. (language) → hawaiano
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995