vomiting(redirected from Heccccchluuug)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
v. vom·it·ed, vom·it·ing, vom·its
1. To eject part or all of the contents of the stomach through the mouth, usually in a series of involuntary spasmic movements.
2. To be discharged forcefully and abundantly; spew or gush: The dike burst, and the floodwaters vomited forth.
1. To eject (contents of the stomach) through the mouth.
2. To eject or discharge in a gush; spew out: The volcano vomited lava and ash.
1. The act or an instance of ejecting matter from the stomach through the mouth.
2. Matter ejected from the stomach through the mouth.
3. An emetic.
[Middle English vomiten, from Latin vomitāre, frequentative of vomere; see wemə- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Medicine) med the act of ejecting the contents of the stomach through the mouth as the result of involuntary muscular spasms of the stomach and oesophagus
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||vomiting - the reflex act of ejecting the contents of the stomach through the mouth|
rumination - regurgitation of small amounts of food; seen in some infants after feeding
hyperemesis - severe and excessive vomiting
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
vomiting[ˈvɒmɪtɪŋ] N → vómito m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
vomiting[ˈvɒmɪtɪŋ] n → vomissements mpl
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
vomiting[ˈvɒmɪtɪŋ] n → vomito
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
n. manifestación de vómitos.
excessive___ → hiperémesis;
___ in pregnancy → hiperémesis gravitarum.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
vomitingn vómito (frec. pl), (el) vomitar
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.