highlights(redirected from Highlights for Children)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An area or a spot in a drawing, painting, or photograph that is strongly illuminated.
2. An especially significant or interesting detail or event.
3. highlights Strands of hair that have been lightened, as by bleaching or coloring.
tr.v. high·light·ed, high·light·ing, high·lights
1. To give a highlight to (the subject of a painting, for example).
a. To make prominent; emphasize: The article highlighted the painstaking work of the detectives.
b. To be a highlight of: The duet highlighted the concert.
3. To mark (important passages of text) with a usually fluorescent marker as a means of memory retention or for later reference.
4. To lighten (strands of hair), as by bleaching or coloring.
(Broadcasting) television a selection on the TV or radio of the most important and exciting parts of an event, esp a sporting event