huffed(redirected from Huff (board games))
Also found in: Wikipedia.
A fit of anger or annoyance; a pique: stormed off in a huff.
v. huffed, huff·ing, huffs
1. To puff; blow.
2. To make noisy, empty threats; bluster.
3. To react indignantly; take offense.
4. Slang To inhale the fumes of a volatile chemical or substance as a means of becoming intoxicated.
1. To cause to puff up; inflate.
2. To treat with insolence; bully.
3. To anger; annoy.
4. Slang To inhale the fumes of (a volatile chemical, for example) as a means of becoming intoxicated.
[Imitative of the sound of puffing.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
huffed[hʌft] ADJ → enojado
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005