Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Hungary or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Hungary.
b. A person of Hungarian ancestry.
2. The Finno-Ugric language of the Magyars that is the official language of Hungary.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Languages) the official language of Hungary, also spoken in Romania and elsewhere, belonging to the Finno-Ugric family and most closely related to the Ostyak and Vogul languages of NW Siberia
2. (Peoples) a native, inhabitant, or citizen of Hungary
3. (Peoples) a Hungarian-speaking person who is not a citizen of Hungary
4. (Placename) of or relating to Hungary, its people, or their language
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Hungary, its people, or their language
6. (Languages) of or relating to Hungary, its people, or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Hun•gar•i•an(hʌŋˈgɛər i ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Hungary.
a. a member of the ethnic group that comprises the overwhelming majority of the inhabitants of Hungary, and a significant minority in Transylvania, Slovakia, and adjacent parts of Yugoslavia.
b. the Finno-Ugric language of this group.
3. of or pertaining to Hungary or its inhabitants.
4. of or pertaining to the Hungarians as an ethnic group, or to the language Hungarian.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Hungarian - a native or inhabitant of Hungary |
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|2.||Hungarian - the official language of Hungary (also spoken in Rumania); belongs to the Ugric family of languages|
|Adj.||1.||Hungarian - relating to or characteristic of Hungary; "Hungarian folk music"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
người Hungarythuộc nước/người/tiếng Hungary
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Hungarian→ مَجَريّ, مَجَرِيٌّ Maďar, maďarský ungarer, ungarsk Ungar, ungarisch ουγγρικός, Ούγγρος húngaro unkarilainen hongrois Mađar, mađarski ungherese ハンガリーの, ハンガリー人 헝가리 사람, 헝가리의 Hongaar, Hongaars ungarer, ungarsk Węgier, węgierski húngaro венгерский, венгр ungersk, ungrare เกี่ยวกับประเทศฮังการี, ชาวฮังการี Macar người Hungary, thuộc nước/người/tiếng Hungary 匈牙利人, 匈牙利的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009