hurler(redirected from Hurler (roller coaster))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
v. hurled, hurl·ing, hurls
1. To throw with great force; fling. See Synonyms at throw.
2. To cause to move with great force or violence: The bus's sudden stop hurled the passengers to the floor.
3. To send with great vigor; thrust: hurled the army against the enemy.
4. To utter vehemently: hurled insults at the speaker.
5. Slang To vomit (the contents of the stomach).
1. To move with great speed, force, or violence; hurtle.
2. To throw something with force.
3. Slang To vomit.
4. Baseball To pitch the ball.
[Middle English hurlen.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||hurler - (baseball) the person who does the pitching; "our pitcher has a sore arm"|
baseball, baseball game - a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs; "he played baseball in high school"; "there was a baseball game on every empty lot"; "there was a desire for National League ball in the area"; "play ball!"
softball game, softball - a game closely resembling baseball that is played on a smaller diamond and with a ball that is larger and softer
left hander, left-handed pitcher, lefthander, left-hander, southpaw, lefty - a baseball pitcher who throws the ball with the left hand
screwballer - (baseball) a pitcher who throws screwballs
starting pitcher - (baseball) a pitcher who starts in a baseball game
thrower - someone who projects something (especially by a rapid motion of the arm)