waterproofing(redirected from Hydrophobic sealer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Impervious to or unaffected by water.
2. Made of or coated or treated with rubber, plastic, or a sealing agent to prevent penetration by water.
1. A material or fabric that is impervious to water.
2. Chiefly British A raincoat or other such outer garment.
tr.v. wa·ter·proofed, wa·ter·proof·ing, wa·ter·proofs
To make impervious to water.
1. the quality of being waterproof
2. (Textiles) the quality of being waterproof
3. the process of making something waterproof
wa•ter•proof•ing(ˈwɔ tərˌpru fɪŋ, ˈwɒt ər-)
1. a substance used to make something waterproof.
2. the act or process of making something waterproof.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||waterproofing - the act of treating something to make it repel water|
protection - the activity of protecting someone or something; "the witnesses demanded police protection"
|2.||waterproofing - a coating capable of making a surface waterproof|