Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
im-(word root) var. of in
Examples of words with the root im-: impolite
Abused, Confused, & Misused Words by Mary Embree Copyright © 2007, 2013 by Mary Embree
tr.v. IMed, IM·ing, IMs or IM'ed or IM'ing or IM's
1. To send (someone) an instant message: She IMed me to let me know that she would be late.
2. To express in an instant message: He IMed me that he wanted to meet at noon.
An instant message.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
the internet domain name for
(Computer Science) Isle of Man
1. (Computer Science) computing instant message
2. (Computer Science) computing instant messaging
3. (Anatomy) Also: i.m. intramuscular
4. (Chess & Draughts) chess International Master
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
contraction of I am.
var. of in- 2 before b, m, p: imbrute; immigrate; impassion.
var. of in- 3 before b, m, p: imbalance; immoral; imperishable.
var. of in- 1 before b, m, p: imbed; immure; impose.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.