Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. IMed, IM·ing, IMs or IM'ed or IM'ing or IM's
1. To send (someone) an instant message: She IMed me to let me know that she would be late.
2. To express in an instant message: He IMed me that he wanted to meet at noon.
An instant message.
the internet domain name for
(Computer Science) Isle of Man
1. (Computer Science) computing instant message
2. (Computer Science) computing instant messaging
3. (Anatomy) Also: i.m. intramuscular
4. (Chess & Draughts) chess International Master
contraction of I am.
var. of in- 2 before b, m, p: imbrute; immigrate; impassion.
var. of in- 3 before b, m, p: imbalance; immoral; imperishable.
var. of in- 1 before b, m, p: imbed; immure; impose.