graphics(redirected from Image editor)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. (used with a sing. verb) The making of drawings in accordance with the rules of mathematics, as in engineering or architecture.
b. (used with a pl. verb) Calculations, as of structural stress, from such drawings.
2. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) See graphic arts.
a. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The pictorial representation and manipulation of data, as used in computer-aided design and manufacture, in typesetting and the graphic arts, and in educational and recreational programs.
b. (used with a sing. verb) The process by which a computer displays data pictorially.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Art Terms) (functioning as singular) the process or art of drawing in accordance with mathematical principles
2. (Linguistics) (functioning as singular) the study of writing systems
3. (Journalism & Publishing) (functioning as plural) the drawings, photographs, etc, in the layout of a magazine or book, or in a television or film production
4. (Computer Science) (functioning as plural) the information displayed on a visual display unit or on a computer printout in the form of diagrams, graphs, pictures, and symbols
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. (used with a sing. v.) the art of drawing.
2. (used with a pl. v.) graphic arts (def. 1).
3. (used with a pl. v.) titles, credits, and other text shown on a motion picture or television screen.
4. (used with a sing. v.) the science of calculating by diagrams.
5. (used with a sing. v.) computer graphics.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. The representation of data in a way that includes images in addition to text. Computer-aided design, typesetting, and video games, for example, involve the use of graphics.
2. The process by which a computer displays information in the form of images.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Pictures made with a computer.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||graphics - photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication; "the publisher was responsible for all the artwork in the book"|
publication - a copy of a printed work offered for distribution
visual communication - communication that relies on vision
illustration - artwork that helps make something clear or attractive
drawing - an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book, magazine, or newspaper; "it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7"
|2.||graphics - the drawings and photographs in the layout of a book|
computer graphics - the pictorial representation and manipulation of data by a computer
graphic art - the arts of drawing or painting or printmaking
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
hình minh họa
2. (= graphs) → gráficas fpl
3. (Comput) → gráficos mpl
4. (= pictures) → dibujos mpl
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
graphics→ رُسُوم جرافيك grafika grafik grafische Darstellung γραφικά diseño gráfico grafiikka graphisme grafika grafica 画像 제도법 grafische afbeeldingen grafikk grafika gráfico графика grafik ภาพกราฟฟิก grafik hình minh họa 图形
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009