Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A native or inhabitant of Indonesia.
b. A person of Indonesian ancestry.
2. A native or inhabitant of the Malay Archipelago.
3. A subfamily of Austronesian that includes Malay, Tagalog, and the languages of Indonesia.
4. A dialect of Malay that is the official language of Indonesia. Also called Bahasa Indonesia.
Of or relating to Indonesia, the Indonesians, or their languages or cultures.
1. (Languages) of or relating to Indonesia, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Indonesia, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Indonesia, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Indonesia
5. (Placename) another name for Bahasa Indonesia
In•do•ne•sian(ˌɪn dəˈni ʒən, -ʃən, -zi ən, -doʊ-)
1. a native or inhabitant of Indonesia; a citizen of the Republic of Indonesia.
2. a form of Malay that serves as an official language and lingua franca in Indonesia.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Indonesia, its inhabitants, or the language Indonesian.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Indonesian - a native or inhabitant of Indonesia|
Dutch East Indies, Indonesia, Republic of Indonesia - a republic in southeastern Asia on an archipelago including more than 13,000 islands; achieved independence from the Netherlands in 1945; the principal oil producer in the Far East and Pacific regions
Sumatran - a native or inhabitant of Sumatra
Papuan - a native or inhabitant of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea
|2.||Indonesian - the dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia|
Malay - a western subfamily of Western Malayo-Polynesian languages
Javanese - the Indonesian language spoken on Java
Sundanese - the Indonesian language spoken in the Lesser Sunda Islands
Balinese - the Indonesian language of the people of Bali
|Adj.||1.||Indonesian - of or relating to or characteristic of Indonesia or its people or languages|
người Indonesiathuộc nước/người/tiếng Indonesia
1. adj → indonesiano/a
2. n (person) → indonesiano/a; (language) → indonesiano