Isla de la Juventud
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Is·la de la Ju·ven·tud(ēs′lä dĕ lä ho͞o-vĕn-to͞od′)
See Isle of Youth.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n., pl. youths (yuθs, yuðz)
1. the condition of being young.
2. the appearance, freshness, vigor, spirit, etc., characteristic of the young.
3. the time of being young; early life.
4. the period of life from puberty to the attainment of full growth; adolescence.
5. the first or early period of anything.
6. young persons collectively.
7. a young person, esp. a young man.
[before 900; Middle English youthe, Old English geoguth, c. Old Saxon juguth, Old High German jugund; see young, -th1]
Isle of, an island in the Caribbean, south of and belonging to Cuba. 68,700; 1182 sq. mi. (3061 sq. km). Formerly, Isle of Pines. Spanish, Isla de la Juventud.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.