allometry(redirected from Isometric scaling)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The disproportionate growth of a part or parts of an organism as the organism changes in size.
2. The study of such growth.
al′lo·met′ric (ăl′ə-mĕt′rĭk) adj.
1. (Biology) the study of the growth of part of an organism in relation to the growth of the entire organism
2. (Biology) a change in proportion of any of the parts of an organism that occurs during growth
al•lom•e•try(əˈlɒm ɪ tri)
also al•loi•om•e•try(ˌæl ɔɪˈɒm-)
1. growth of a part of an organism in relation to the growth of the whole organism or some other part of it.
2. the measurement or study of this growth.
al•lo•met•ric (ˌæl əˈmɛ trɪk) adj.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||allometry - the study of the relative growth of a part of an organism in relation to the growth of the whole|