Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Jav·a·nese(jăv′ə-nēz′, -nēs′, jä′və-)
Of or relating to Java or its people, language, or culture.
n. pl. Javanese
1. A native or inhabitant of Java, especially a member of the Javanese-speaking majority population.
2. The Austronesian language of the principal ethnic group of Java.
[Java1 + -nese (as in Japanese).]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Java, its people, or the Javanese language
2. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Java, its people, or the Javanese language
3. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Java, its people, or the Javanese language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Java
5. (Languages) a Malayo-Polynesian language of Central and Eastern Java
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Jav•a•nese(ˌdʒæv əˈniz, -ˈnis, ˌdʒɑ və-)
n., pl. -nese,
1. a member of an Indonesian people mainly of the central and E parts of Java.
2. the Austronesian language of this people.
3. any native or inhabitant of Java.adj.
4. of or pertaining to Java, the Javanese, or their language.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Javanese - a native or inhabitant of Java |
Java - an island in Indonesia to the south of Borneo; one of the world's most densely populated regions
Indonesian - a native or inhabitant of Indonesia
|2.||Javanese - the Indonesian language spoken on Java|
|Adj.||1.||Javanese - of or relating to or characteristic of Java or its inhabitants or its language; "Javanese temples"; "Javanese dialects"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → javanés
B. N (Javanese (pl)) → javanés/esa m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007