References in periodicals archive ?
Ted Neeley, "Jesus Christ Superstar," director Norman Jewison, 1973.
In the film version he played Perchik, a suitor of one of Tevye's daughters, and laughs at remembering how he had to learn a dance which did not much impress the film's director Norman Jewison who said he looked like a "cowboy".
"In fact, (director) Norman Jewison cast me after seeing me in the Mike Nichols production of Social Security, where I played Marlo Thomas' mother, even though we were very close in age.
It's no magic, its practice, practice, practice." Norman Jewison, a filmmaker, said: " I think it all has to do with focusing yourself with one thing." Push your shyness and self-doubts.
* Tony Blair with his wife Cherie Norman Jewison, film director, 86; Bill Pertwee, actor, 86; Dr Jonathan Miller, theatre director, 78; Julian Pettifer, TV presenter, 77; Yusuf Islam, activist and former singer (Cat Stevens), 64; Ross Kemp, actor, 48, right; Chris Bisson, actor, 37.
This year, celebrity grand marshals include Chaz Bono (acclaimed author, music artist and one child of famed entertainers Sonny and Cher), Olympia Dukakis (Academy Award winner in the Best Supporting Actress category for her work in the Norman Jewison film Moonstruck), Lakisha Hoffman (former division one athlete and winner of the Amazing Race)and Yigit Pura (winner and fan favorite on the premiere season of Bravo's Top Chef: Just Desserts).
MGM/UA; Directed by Norman Jewison Rated PG; 102 minutes; 1987
(1) Melvyn Bragg and Norman Jewison, Jesus Christ Superstar, directed by Norman Jewison (Universal City, CA: Universal Pictures, 1973), Theatrical Release.
Worshippers sang holiday songs and prayed, and Jewison read a translated version of the sermon being delivered at Russe Evangelical.
Cher presented Norman Jewison with the guild's Lifetime Achievement Award for his career in film that included such hits as "In the Heat of the Night" and "Fiddler on the Roof."
Dictionary browser ?
- jewelry dealer
- jewelry maker
- jewelry store
- Jewett Sarah Orne
- Jewish American Princess
- Jewish Autonomous Region
- Jewish calendar
- Jewish calendar month
- Jewish day
- Jewish holy day
- Jewish New Year
- Jewish Orthodoxy
- Jewish religion
- Jewish rye
- Jewish rye bread
- Jew's frankincense
- Jews harp
- jew's harp
- jews' harp
- Jew's mallow
- Jew's pitch
Full browser ?
- Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period
- Jewish Year
- Jewish Yearbook of International Law
- Jewish Youth Connection
- Jewish Youth Council
- Jewish Youth Encounter Program
- Jewish Youth for Community Action
- Jewish Youth Library of Ottawa
- Jewish Youth Philanthropy Institute
- Jewish, Christian, Muslim Association of Australia
- Jewish, Islamic and Near Eastern Studies
- Jewish-American Hall of Fame
- Jewish-American princess
- Jewish-controlled U.S. government
- Jewish-controlled US government
- Jewish-Muslim Community-Building Initiative
- JewishGen Family Finder
- Jewison, Norman
- Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation
- Jews Against Circumcision
- Jews Against the Occupation
- Jews against Zionism
- Jews down
- Jews for a Just Peace
- Jews for Boycotting Israeli Goods
- Jews for Jesus
- Jews for Justice for Palestinians
- Jews for Peace in Palestine and Israel
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice
- Jews for the Abolition of Firearms Ownership
- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
- Jews harp
- Jews harp