sprinkles(redirected from Jimies)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. sprin·kled, sprin·kling, sprin·kles
1. To scatter in drops or particles: sprinkled sugar on the cereal.
2. To scatter drops or particles on: sprinkled the buns with flour.
3. To intersperse with something as if by scattering: sprinkled his speech with quotations.
4. To distribute or intersperse at random: sprinkled jokes throughout the speech.
1. To scatter something in drops or particles.
2. To fall or rain in small or infrequent drops.
1. The act of sprinkling.
2. A light rainfall.
3. A small amount; a sprinkling.
4. sprinkles Small particles of candy sprinkled on ice cream as a topping.
[Middle English sprenklen, perhaps of Middle Dutch or Middle Low German origin.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.