kitchen police(redirected from KP duty)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
n. Abbr. KP
1. Enlisted military personnel assigned to work in a kitchen.
2. Military duty assisting cooks.
(Military) US soldiers who have been detailed to work in the kitchen, esp as a punishment. Abbreviation: KP
n., pl. KPs, KP's for 5.
1. military duty as a kitchen helper: assigned to KP.
2. a soldier detailed to work as kitchen help.
[1915–20, Amer.; k(itchen) p(olice)]
1. Knight of the Order of St. Patrick.
2. Knights of Pythias.