Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Kashmiri or Kash·mir·is
1. A native or inhabitant of Kashmir.
2. A Dardic language of Kashmir.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Kashmir, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Kashmir, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Kashmir, its people, or their language
npl -miris or -miri
4. (Peoples) a member of the people of Kashmir
5. (Languages) the state language of Kashmir, belonging to the Dardic group of the Indo-European family of languages
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Kash•mir•i(kæʃˈmɪər i, kæʒ-)
n., pl. -mir•is,
1. a native or inhabitant of Kashmir.
2. a Dardic language spoken in Kashmir.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Kashmir, its inhabitants, or the language Kashmiri.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Kashmiri - a member of the people of Kashmir|
Indian - a native or inhabitant of India
|2.||Kashmiri - the official state language of Kashmir|
|Adj.||1.||Kashmiri - of or relating to or characteristic of Kashmir or its people or culture; "the Kashmiri mountains"; "Kashmiri love poems"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.