Kelly(redirected from Kelli)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Kelli: Kelley Blue Book
Kel·ly(kĕl′ē), Ellsworth 1923-2015.
American abstract painter and sculptor whose works are characterized by flat color areas with sharply defined edges.
Kelly, Emmett 1898-1979.
American circus clown who was famous as "Weary Willie," a sad-faced hobo with the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus (1942-1956).
Kelly, Eugene Curran Known as "Gene." 1912-1996.
American dancer, actor, choreographer, and director who influenced the development of the movie musical with his innovative dance style. His film credits include An American in Paris (1951) and Singin' in the Rain (1952).
Kelly, Grace Patricia Princess Grace. 1929-1982.
American actress whose motion pictures include High Noon (1952) and The Country Girl (1954), for which she won an Academy Award. In 1956 she married Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biography) Gene, full name Eugene Curran Kelly. 1912–96, US dancer, choreographer, film actor, and director. His many films include An American in Paris (1951) and Singin' in the Rain (1952)
2. (Biography) Grace. 1929–82, US film actress. Her films included High Noon (1952) and High Society (1956). She married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956 and died following a car crash
3. (Biography) Ned. 1855–80, Australian horse and cattle thief and bushranger, active in Victoria: captured by the police and hanged
4. game as Ned Kelly as game as Ned Kelly See game125
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Gene (Eugene Curran), 1912–96, U.S. dancer, choreographer, actor, and director.
2. Walt, 1913–73, U.S. cartoonist.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Kelly - United States circus clown (1898-1979)|
|2.||Kelly - United States film actress who retired when she married into the royal family of Monaco (1928-1982)|
|3.||Kelly - United States dancer who performed in many musical films (1912-1996)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.