fireball(redirected from Kinetite)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A brilliantly burning sphere.
2. A highly luminous, intensely hot spherical cloud of dust, gas, and vapor generated by a nuclear explosion.
3. See bolide.
4. See ball of fire.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Physical Geography) a ball-shaped discharge of lightning
2. (General Physics) the bright spherical region of hot ionized gas at the centre of a nuclear explosion
3. (Astronomy) astronomy another name for bolide
4. slang an energetic person
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a ball of fire, as the sun or a large burst of flame.
2. a luminous meteor, sometimes exploding.
3. lightning having the appearance of a globe of fire.
4. the highly luminous central portion of a nuclear explosion.
5. a very energetic person.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A meteor that is as bright or brighter than the brightest planets.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
The luminous sphere of hot gases which forms a few millionths of a second after detonation of a nuclear weapon and immediately starts expanding and cooling.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fireball - an especially luminous meteor (sometimes exploding)|
|2.||fireball - a highly energetic and indefatigable person|
doer, actor, worker - a person who acts and gets things done; "he's a principal actor in this affair"; "when you want something done get a doer"; "he's a miracle worker"
self-starter - an energetic person with unusual initiative
|3.||fireball - a ball of fire (such as the sun or a ball-shaped discharge of lightning)|
|4.||fireball - the luminous center of a nuclear explosion|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
fireball[ˈfaɪəˌbɔːl] n (Astron) → bolide m; (nuclear) → palla di fuoco; (lightning) → fulmine m globulare
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995