kingpin(redirected from Kingpin (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. the most important person in an organization
2. the crucial or most important feature of a theory, argument, etc
3. (Mechanical Engineering) Also called (Brit): swivel pin a pivot pin that provides a steering joint in a motor vehicle by securing the stub axle to the axle beam
4. (Bowls & Bowling) tenpin bowling the front pin in the triangular arrangement of the ten pins
5. (Bowls & Bowling) (in ninepins) the central pin in the diamond pattern of the nine pins
1. (in bowling)
a. the headpin.
b. the pin at the center.
2. Informal. a person or thing of chief importance.
3. either of the pins that are a part of the mechanism for turning the front wheels in some automotive steering systems.
A large iron pin that went through the front wagon bolster and coupling pole and into the front wagon axle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kingpin - the most important person in a group or undertaking|
|2.||kingpin - bolt that provides a steering joint in a motor vehicle|
bolt - a screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener
|3.||kingpin - the front bowling pin in the triangular arrangement of ten pins|