white knight(redirected from Knight, White)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. One that comes to the rescue; a savior.
2. A person or company that rescues a targeted firm from a takeover attempt by buying the firm.
(Banking & Finance) a champion or rescuer, esp a person or organization that rescues a company from financial difficulties, an unwelcome takeover bid, etc
1. a hero who comes to the rescue.
2. a beleaguered champion who fights for a cause.
3. a company that comes to the rescue of another, as to prevent a takeover.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||white knight - a company that is a friendly acquirer in a takeover|
company - an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"
white squire - a white knight that buys less than a majority interest