knockabout(redirected from Knockabout (film))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Boisterous; rowdy.
2. Appropriate for rough wear or use: a knockabout overcoat.
A small sloop with a mainsail, jib, and keel but no bowsprit.
1. a small fore-and-aft–rigged sailboat with a mainsail and a jib but no bowsprit.
2. something designed or suitable for rough or casual use, as a sturdy jacket or old car.adj.
3. suitable for rough use, as a garment.
4. rough; boisterous.
5. slapstick: knockabout comedy.
6. shiftless; aimless.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||knockabout - a sloop with a simplified rig and no bowsprit|
sloop - a sailing vessel with a single mast set about one third of the boat's length aft of the bow
|Adj.||1.||knockabout - full of rough and exuberant animal spirits; "boisterous practical jokes"; "knockabout comedy"|
spirited - displaying animation, vigor, or liveliness
|2.||knockabout - suitable for rough use; "a knockabout overcoat"; "a knockabout old car"|
rugged - sturdy and strong in constitution or construction; enduring; "with a house full of boys you have to have rugged furniture"