Tlingit(redirected from Koulischen)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Tlin·git(tlĭng′gĭt, -kĭt, klĭng′kĭt)
n. pl. Tlingit or Tlin·gits
1. A member of a Native American people inhabiting the coastal and island areas of southeast Alaska.
2. The language of the Tlingit.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
npl -gits or -git
1. (Peoples) a member of a seafaring group of North American Indian peoples inhabiting S Alaska and N British Columbia
2. (Languages) the language of these peoples, belonging to the Na-Dene phylum
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -gits, (esp. collectively) -git.
1. a member of an American Indian people of the Alaskan panhandle and adjacent areas of Canada.
2. the language of the Tlingit.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Tlingit - a member of a seafaring group of North American Indians living in southern Alaska|
|2.||Tlingit - the Na-Dene language spoken by the Tlingit|
Na-Dene - a family of North American Indian languages
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.