Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
npl -utl or -utls
1. (Peoples) a member of a North American Indian people of N Vancouver Island and the adjacent mainland
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Wakashan family
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Kwa•ki•u•tl(ˌkwɑ kiˈut l)
n., pl. -ki•u•tls, (esp. collectively) -ki•u•tl.
1. a member of an American Indian people of N Vancouver Island and the adjacent British Columbia coast.
2. a member of any of a group of peoples including the Kwakiutl and related peoples to the north.
3. the language of the Kwakiutl, distantly akin to Nootka.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Kwakiutl - a member of the Wakashan people living around Queen Charlotte Sound and on northern Vancouver Island|
Wakashan - a member of one of the peoples in British Columbia and Washington who speak the Wakashan language
|2.||Kwakiutl - a Wakashan language spoken by the Kwakiutl|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.