boa(redirected from Kwon Boa)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various large, nonvenomous, chiefly tropical snakes of the family Boidae, which includes the anacondas, the boa constrictor, and other snakes that coil around and asphyxiate their prey.
2. A long fluffy scarf made of soft material, such as fur or feathers.
[Middle English, from Latin boa, a large water snake.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) any large nonvenomous snake of the family Boidae, most of which occur in Central and South America and the Caribbean. They have vestigial hind limbs and kill their prey by constriction
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a woman's long thin scarf, usually of feathers or fur
[C19: from New Latin, from Latin: a large Italian snake, water snake]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. bo•as.
1. any nonvenomous, chiefly tropical constrictor of the family Boidae, esp. of the New World subfamily Boinae.
2. a scarf or stole, usu. of feathers or fur.
[1350–1400; Middle English < Latin]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||boa - a long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur|
scarf - a garment worn around the head or neck or shoulders for warmth or decoration
|2.||boa - any of several chiefly tropical constrictors with vestigial hind limbs|
constrictor - any of various large nonvenomous snakes that kill their prey by crushing it in its coils
Charina bottae, rubber boa, tow-headed snake - boa of grasslands and woodlands of western North America; looks and feels like rubber with tail and head of similar shape
python - large Old World boas
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
بَواء: حَيَّةٌ تَعْصُرُ فَريسَتَها
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
boa[ˈbəʊə] n (snake) (also boa constrictor) → (serpente m) boa inv; (of feathers) → boa m inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
(usually boa constrictor) a large snake that kills by winding itself round its prey. luislang بَواء: حَيَّةٌ تَعْصُرُ فَريسَتَها боа jiboia hroznýš (královský) die Boa kvælerslange βόαςboa boa(madu) مار بوآ boakäärme boa נָחַש חַנָק अजगर udav óriáskígyó ular boa kyrkislanga boa 大蛇 보아과의 뱀의 총칭 smauglys žņaudzējčūska ular boa boakvelerslange boa یو لوی مار چی خپل ښکار خچ پچ کوی، دغاړی پت لرونکی دسمال gibóia şarpe boa удав boa boa boa boaorm งูเหลือม boa yılanı 蟒蛇 удав خطرناک بڑا سانپ trăn Nam Mỹ 蟒蛇
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary © 2006-2013 K Dictionaries Ltd.