lacteal(redirected from Lacteal vessels)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or resembling milk.
2. Anatomy Of or relating to any of numerous minute intestinal lymph-carrying vessels that convey chyle from the intestine to lymphatic circulation and thereby to the thoracic duct.
A lacteal vessel.
1. of, relating to, or resembling milk
2. (Physiology) (of lymphatic vessels) conveying or containing chyle
(Anatomy) any of the lymphatic vessels conveying chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct
[C17: from Latin lacteus of milk, from lac milk]
lac•te•al(ˈlæk ti əl)
1. pertaining to, consisting of, or resembling milk; milky.
2. conveying or containing chyle.n.
3. any of the minute lymphatic vessels that convey chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct.
[1625–35; < Latin lacte(us) milky (lact-, s. of lac milk)]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lacteal - any of the lymphatic vessels that convey chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct|
|Adj.||1.||lacteal - relating to or consisting of or producing or resembling milk; "lacteal fluids"; "lacteal organs"|